Is This A New Path I Have Found Or Still A Dead Tree I Can't Cut Down?

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Dead Wood Moon

The Freedom of the Moon by Robert Frost
I've tried the new moon tilted in the air Above a hazy tree-and-farmhouse cluster As you might try a jewel in your hair.I've tried it fine with little breadth of luster, Alone, or in one ornament combining With one first-water start almost shining.I put it shining anywhere I please.By walking slowly on some evening later,I've pulled it from a crate of crooked trees,And brought it over glossy water, greater, And dropped it in, and seen the image wallow,The color run, all sorts of wonder follow.
Moon from above, words from the past, will this tree live to see another summer........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No problem it will live, probably longer than one would think.

Even if it's just in pictures.

love the moon and of course Robert Frost since he sent me on these roads less traveled.